Paperback Crush - The Totally Radical History of 80's & 90's Teen Fiction
Happy Holidays! To ensure Christmas Eve (Monday, December 24th) arrival for your order, please place your order in accordance with the times and dates outlined below!
FASTER SHIPPING: Orders must be placed on or by December 18th by noon Eastern Time.
1-2 DAY SHIPPING: Orders must be placed on or by December 21st by noon Eastern Time.
Non-Holiday Details below:
When will my order arrive? Orders ship Monday-Friday from Beverly, Massachusetts. Orders will be delivered in accordance with the shipping method you have chosen:
- Free Shipping: Free shipping is available for domestic orders over $49. Your order will be delivered in 6-12* business days.
- Economy Shipping ($5): Your order will be delivered in 6-12* business days.
- Faster Shipping ($11): Your order will be delivered in 3-5** business days.
- 1 - 2 Day Shipping ($35): Orders placed before 8:30 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) will ship out same (Monday-Friday) and arrive in 1-2 business days. Orders placed after 8:30 am EST will ship the following day and arrive in 1-2 business days. Orders placed over the weekend or on holidays will ship the first available business day. Due to geographic location, states likely to take two business days are: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Illinois, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, & Wyoming.***
- International Shipping: You will be offered USPS and DHL at check-out. Transit times will vary with your selection. AlwaysFits.com is not responsible for additional delays at customs clearance or for any unforeseen reason involving international travel. International shoppers should allocate extra transit day(s) for delivery outside major cities. Tracking data for USPS International First Class, at times, can be sparse. The package will likely be scanned when it leaves US customs and enters foreign customs, but other scans are intermittent.
What will it cost to ship my order?
- Free Shipping (Domestic Orders Over $49): $0
- Economy Shipping: $5
- Faster Shipping: $11
- 1-2 Day Shipping: $35
- International: Varies.
What is a Business Day? Please remember that everything outlined above applies to business days. Business days exclude weekends and holidays and are within normal business hours.
What about gifts with special notes about shipping methods? If you ordered an item that specifically mentions an alternative timeline in the description or title, than this timeline cannot be adjusted. Adding “Faster Shipping” or “1-2 Shipping” to one of these items will not speed up the production/processing time. Any alternative shipping timeline supersede our standard shipping policies.
What if I order something with a shipping date set in the future? In the event that you order an item labeled “Ships XX/XX” (i.e. "Pre-Order Now: Ships 7/11") and that date is less than 7 business days away, your entire order will be held and shipped at the later date. If it is greater than 7 business days away, your order will be shipped in multiple shipments. (In the case of international orders, the entire order will be held until it is complete.)
Need to cancel or make an adjustment? Let us know right away, and we'll do our best! Email email@example.com or call 978-969-6230. Unfortunately we're unable to make any changes once an order is sent to our warehouse, because we're working quickly to get it to your doorstep!
* Standard Shipping orders going to Hawaii, Alaska and certain territories or islands may take an additional 5 business days.
** Faster Shipping orders going to Hawaii, Alaska and certain territories or islands may take an additional 5 business days.
*** 1-2 Day Shipping orders going to Hawaii, Alaska and certain territories or islands may require additional time.
About Always Fits
Our unique gifts are nostalgic, feminine, feminist and wonderful. We're crushing pretty hard on the 80's right now, and we also enjoy a hearty dose of profanity. Created in 2009, our women-run business is filled with funny socks, colorful pool floats, sweary oven mitts and The Golden Girls. We love any gifs that make us feel the nostalgia feels, especially the 80's and 90's. We carry cult-favorite lines like Bando, Blue Q, Big Mouth Inc and many more. Our heroes of the moment include the rockstar ladies of the Supreme Court, Ali Wong, Malala, Helen Mirren, Punky Brewster and, obviously, Blanche, Rose, Sophia & Dorothy.
About The Funtrepreneur
Ashley is just a girl … standing in front of a boy … asking him to love her. Oh wait, that’s somebody else. Ashley is the president of The Funtrepreneur, Inc., a company that includes this little slice of the internet, AlwaysFits.com!
Ashley is obsessed with color, the Golden Girls, feminism, tragically lame soft rock, anything with fruit on it, Bev from The Goldbergs (her spirit animal), self-deprecating humor, adding the word “palooza” to all work events (even those that really do not warrant it), alliteration, and her 5 year old daughter - but not necessarily in that order. The Funtrepreneur is approaching its 10th anniversary, under Ashley’s creative and strategic direction.
A hilarious and nostalgic trip through the history of paperback pre-teen series of the 80s and 90s.
Every twenty- or thirty-something woman knows these books. The pink covers, the flimsy paper, the zillion volumes in the series that kept you reading for your entire adolescence. Spurred by the commercial success of Sweet Valley High and The Babysitters Club, these were not the serious-issue YA novels of the 1970s, nor were they the blockbuster books of the Harry Potter and Twilight ilk. They were cheap, short, and utterly beloved.
Paperback Crush dives in deep to this golden age with affection, history, and a little bit of snark. Readers will discover (and fondly remember) girl-centric series on everything from correspondence (Pen Pals and Dear Diary) to sports (The Pink Parrots, Cheerleaders, and The Gymnasts) to a newspaper at an all-girls Orthodox Jewish middle school (The B.Y. Times) to a literal teen angel (Teen Angels: Heaven Can Wait, where an enterprising guardian angel named Cisco has to earn her wings "by helping the world's sexist rock star.") Some were blatant ripoffs of the successful series (looking at you, Sleepover Friends and The Girls of Canby Hall), some were sick-lit tearjerkers à la Love Story (Abby, My Love) and some were just plain perplexing (Uncle Vampire??) But all of them represent that time gone by of girl-power and endless sessions of sustained silent reading.
In six hilarious chapters (Friendship, Love, School, Family, Jobs, Terror, and Tragedy), Bustle Features Editor Gabrielle Moss takes the reader on a nostalgic tour of teen book covers of yore, digging deep into the history of the genre as well as the stories behind the best-known series.
- 7.09"W x 8.9"H
- 256 pages