I can’t think of the last time I was this excited about a collection of products. And, it should be said, that I am always, always, always excited about AlwaysFits.com. I’m hardly known for my low energy and lack of enthusiasm.
Hi, my name is Ashley.
I’ve seen many trends in my tenure as Head Gal of this website (more or less in the following order): bacon, mustaches, cupcakes, cute little things made of clay, pineapples, flamingos, avocados, sloths, llamas, mermaids, innumerable references to one's love for wine, unicorns, I really could go on and on.
This year – 2018 – is different for us here at AlwaysFits.com. We’re not looking forward towards the next big thing; we’re looking backwards!
I have gone absolutely bonkers for nostalgia feels. I’ve always loved the Golden Girls. That’s been documented for some time – like when I asked illustrator Kayci Wheatley to design a makeup bag for us in 2015, or when our Golden Girls umbrella was featured in Entertainment Weekly last Christmas. This year, however, we took our luke warm love for the Golden Girls and we made it HOT, HOT, HOT. We made Golden Girls hot sauce. Perhaps that’s what brought you to this page. It went, as the kids call it, viral and was shared several million times. Several million times. Bananas.
When we worked on the Golden Girls hot sauce I felt something down in my tummy region: FEELS. SO. MANY. FEELS.
I never wanted the feels to stop.
So, I'm not going to let them. In the past few months, we’ve amassed some amazing 80’s feels:
- Not one – BUT TWO – Strawberry Shortcake dolls
- My Little Ponies (that no matter what quantity we purchase, keep selling out! Our next shipment is thousands and thousands of ponies!)
- More amazing Golden Girls goodies like prayer candles, Clue, Monopoly, puzzles and more.
- Everything they put Bob Ross on (which – spoiler alert – is a lot of things! who knew!?)
- Punky Brewster, Rainbow Brite, Strawberry Shortcake & Smurfette pins. So many pins!
- Original: Lite Brite, Ouija Boards, Lava Lamps & Slip N’ Slide's
- Mister Rogers!!
- Friggin MONCHHICHI – the boy and the girl!
- She’s a Smalllllll Wonder, with love and laughter everywhere!
- LOTS of Star Wars (this one I enlisted some help from our Facebook VIP group, because honestly I’ve never seen them! Join our Facebook VIP group if you haven’t already! I mean, if you like banter and discounts, we've got you covered.)
- All those crazy feels-inducing Fisher Price toys from when we were little – like the camera, the record player, and the movie maker.
- Oodles of Betty & Veronica.
- And so much more! (Pac-Man, Nintendo, Curious George, Sock Monkeys, etc!)
But this, my friends, is just the beginning.
I can’t give it all away just yet, but over the next few months we’re going to be launching dozens more nostalgia inspired gifts. And there will be feels. Ohhhhh, there will be feels.
photo credit: Megan Theodore, AlwaysFits.com